Saturday, November 1, 2014

Brothers, Best Friends.



In the past week I have reflected so much on my life. I've been trying so hard to come up with something to blog about, and always came up blank. I wanted to update on my son Logan because I know a lot of you are wanting me to keep ya'll posted. Honestly, I am not ready to talk that through yet. I am battering a lot of inner demons in regards to his situation. Instead I am going to celebrate the give that is having my two boys.

Those boys as much as they disagree and fight over toys, love each other quadruple that. They are best friends. The best of brothers. Their love is so genuine and innocent. They disagree one minute and the next they are hugging. Watching them grow together is a delight. 

My oldest son Mason has a very protective bond with his brother. If his brother is having a hard time he tries soothing him. He will bring him all the toys from the toy box of that means his brother won't be sad anymore. He's the one that makes sure Logan has things before him. "I share brother mommy" he tells me sometimes when he has something. "Logan come too mommy" whenever we go somewhere. "I push Logy stroller mommy, I got him" is what he tells me when I take them both somewhere. He's a wonderful big brother!

My youngest son Logan has a more "look up to him" bond with his brother. He follows his brother around to see what he is up to. He thinks everything his brother does is the best thing EVER! He doesn't speak, and lately he prefers not to be bothered. However, on those days that he does want to interact with his brother it is so awesome to see how he just melts for him.

They have such a strong bond. From very early in y pregnancy I used to let Mason lay with my belly and tell him that was the baby. When they met for the first time he fell head of heels for "baby". They have always been inseparable. They sleep on the same bed because otherwise they would end up together anyway. Sometimes I walk in to check on them and they are huddled together. 

My wish for them is that they are always this way. I wish for them to always have this bond no matter where life takes them. I hope they always look out for one another, and can comfort each other in their times of need. I wish for them to at least go to each other if they don't feel comfortable with us. 

I get asked a lot if I want a girl. The answer is yes. I would have liked a daughter someday, but not to replace my sons. I wouldn't trade them for the world. Their bond has taught more in the 2 years I've been mothering both than any other person or thing could have taught me.

No comments:

Post a Comment