Sunday, November 16, 2014

Celebrating My Children (Week 3)

I thought this celebrating my children thing would be a breeze. Day in and day out I talk about how wonderful and sometimes frustrating it is to be the mother of my children. Truth is that it's not easy peasy. It can be challenging digging through all the things going on to focus on the positives. I'm am usually a very optimistic individual, but when you're in the eye of the storm life is overwhelming. However, today I am still able to dig out all those negatives that want to stick around and talk about the wonderful things that have happened with my boys this week. 


First off, we'll talk about Mason. He has been struggling with saying excuse me when he wants speak instead of butting in or tapping me endlessly saying "mommy mommy mommy." He's getting really good about excusing himself. He has even been saying when he walks into a room and wants to say something. It is such a wonderful thing to watch him grow like he is. 


How about this guy? He's showing so much improvement. It is baby steps and one day at a time. The little things matter most. This week I want to celebrate how well he has done in crowded public places. Because grandma visited we were out and about a lot. We went shopping and to eat and Logan made it through all of it. Logan did not meltdown with the crowds. He simply focused on one thing and it was almost as if he didn't notice the crowd. Now it may not always be that way, but even if it's only every once in a while...it's a huge deal. 

My kids are great. These blog posts are almost like mommy therapy for me. It's a way for me to focus on everything that's great and not so much on the things aren't. What things have your littles accomplished this week? 

Xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment